Whole school writing competition
Your aim is to write a story about discovering a key that unlocks a mysterious door. Focus on creating a vivid description of what you can see, smell and hear. Your challenge is to make the reader feel a sense of fear.
What you need to do:
- write the story
- edit the story and write up in neat
- illustrate the story
- create a front cover
- write a blurb
Please complete one reading comprehension daily and email your answers to your class teacher for feedback. These are saved as links on the school website.
Reading a book of your choice for 30 minutes daily.
Bedrock- 30 minutes daily
Times tables rocks- 30 minutes daily (please go on studio mode so teachers can track children’s progress)
New work - 26th/3/2020
Please play a selection of these games daily:
BBC bitesize KS2
Hit the button
- Research one of Henry VIII’s wives and create a detailed information text informing the reader of key events in their life.
- Create a holiday brochure for a trip to real or imaginary planet
- Design a space shuttle to carry you and your passengers to their holiday destination.
- Watch Horrible Histories – Terrifying Tudors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1r3qvzaOGU and write a short review of the programme.